Document version: 2.0.0
Applies to users registered from 17/06/2023 (inclusive) and all other users from 01/07/2023.
Previous versions of the document can be found in: Changes in terms and conditions
- Animalhotels.com processes personal data in accordance with applicable law, including the GDPR and the Act of July 18, 2002 on the provision of electronic services.
- Animalhotels.com has implemented the following principles:
- data is collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed by animalhotels.com in a manner inconsistent with these purposes; ("purpose limitation");
- at the start of data collection, the person whose data is processed should always be informed in a clear and transparent manner about the purposes for which the data is processed. ("lawfulness, fairness and transparency");
- only data that is adequate and limited in scope to what is necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are processed ("data minimization");
- the data should be correct and updated if necessary; ("regularity");
- data is stored in a form that allows identification of the data subject for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed; ("storage limitation");
- data processing in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures ("integrity and confidentiality");
Animalhotels.com – animalhotels.com a limited liability company with its registered office in Łódź (90-318 Łódź ul. Henryka Sienkiewicza 72) registered in the Register of Entrepreneurs, the registration files of which are kept by the District Court for Łódź-Śródmieście in Łódź, 20th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000934860, REGON 520527265, NIP 7252314345
Application - mobile application animalhotels.com for Android and IOS systems made available to Users.
Personal data - means any information about an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject")
GDPR - Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC
I. Data collection and processing
- The administrator of personal data provided by the User when using the Website and/or Application is animalhotels.com.
- As a result of using the Website and/or the Application, animalhotels.com may process, in particular, the following personal data: name and surname, address details, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, tax identification number, date of birth, image, content of the message, content of the opinion.
- Animalhotels.com provides its Users with the possibility of using its Website and/or Application anonymously, however, in order to obtain full access to the services offered via the Website and/or Application, it is advisable to is to register by completing the registration form. Providing data by the User is voluntary, however, providing some data is necessary to set up an account or use some of the functionalities of the Website and/or Application, e.g. receiving a newsletter. In the case of collecting data in order to perform the obligation specified in the law, providing data is mandatory.
- After registration and logging into your account, the User may provide additional personal data that may facilitate the use of services.
II. Purposes and legal basis for data processing
Provision of services
Animalhotels.com process and personal data in order to provide content and services to Users, including information about available content and services on the Website and/or Application.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. b GDPR (acceptance of the regulations of the Websites and/or Applications).
Animalhotels.com establishes marketing communication with the User if the User has agreed to receive marketing communication, including by submitting an explicit request to obtain it or leaving his data for this purpose.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. a GDPR (User's consent to communication for marketing purposes).
Animalhotels.com processes data if it is necessary to fulfill obligations under the law.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. c GDPR (performance of legal obligations incumbent on animalhotels.com).
Ensuring the security and functionality of the Website and/or Application
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. f of the GDPR (realization of the legitimate interest of animalhotels.com - ensuring the operation of the Website and/or Application and high-quality services).
Communication between Website and/or Application Users
Animalhotels.com collects the content of messages and information that the User provides via this functionality.
The legal basis for data collection and use is Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. b. d. and f. GDPR (implementation of the legitimate interest of animalhotels.com and ensuring the protection of Users - ensuring the operation of the Website and/or Application and clarifying any incidents related to communication between Users).
User feedback and rating
Animalhotels.com processes data from opinions and ratings issued by Users in accordance with the Regulations in order to verify Users' satisfaction with services provided by other Users and ensure a high level of communication between Users, verify undesirable behavior and enable appropriate actions to be taken in this regard.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. b. and f. GDPR (realization of the legitimate interest of animalhotels.com - ensuring the operation of the Websites and/or Applications and high quality services and improving the quality of service).
Handling inquiries from Website and/or Application Users
Animalhotels.com processes personal data in order to consider Users' complaints related to the operation of the Website and/or Application, contact the User or a third party using the Website and/or Application and to take appropriate explanatory or corrective actions, as well as to clarify any incidents related to the service of Users, improve the quality of service.
Data that is not necessary to contact the User are always marked as optional in the contact form. Animalhotels.com deletes the data generated in this context as soon as their storage is no longer required or restricts their processing if there are statutory retention requirements for such data.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. c GDPR, art. 6 sec. 1 lit. b GDPR and Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. f of the GDPR (performance of the legitimate interest of animalhotels.com - ensuring the operation of the Websites and/or Applications and high-quality services and improving the quality of service, clarifying any incidents related to servicing Users).
Investigation or protection against possible claims
In the event of any claims against Users or the need to protect against claims, animalhotels.com may process Users' data obtained via the Website and/or the Application.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. f GDPR (realization of the legitimate interest of animalhotels.com - protection against claims or pursuing claims).
III. Data retention period
- Animalhotels.com stores Users' personal data only for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which the data was collected. After this time, the data is deleted or anonymized in such a way that it is not possible to determine User's identity.
- Personal data may be stored for longer if such an obligation results from the law or it is necessary for the defense or pursuit of claims against Users by animalhotels.com.
- Data processed on the basis of consent will be processed until its withdrawal.
IV. User permissions
- Right to access personal data at the request of the User, animalhotels.com will confirm what personal data the User processes and provide him with a copy of this data. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a registered User has access to the personal data provided by animalhotels.com through the User's account on the Website and/or the Application.
- Right to rectification of personal data - in the event that the User's personal data is incorrect or incomplete, the User may request from animalhotels.com their rectification or supplementation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a registered User has the option of correcting their personal data through the User's account on the Website and/or the Application.
- Right to limit the processing of personal data - The user may request a temporary suspension of the processing of his data in certain situations.
- Right to delete personal data - in certain situations, the User may request the removal of personal data processed by animalhotels.com.
- The right to receive your personal data** in a structured, commonly used format and to transfer them when the processing is based on consent, and when the processing is carried out in an automated manner.
- Right to withdraw consent to the extent that personal data is processed on the basis of consent, the User has the right to withdraw it at any time.
- Right to object to the processing of personal data - The User may object to the processing of his personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest or for statistical purposes (due to his special situation) or to the processing of data for direct marketing purposes.
- If it is found that the processing of personal data violates the provisions of the GDPR, the User has the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, i.e. the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection with its registered office in Warsaw; details on lodging complaints can be found on the UODO website at https://uodo.gov.pl/pl/83/155.
The User's personal data processed for marketing purposes will be subject to automated decision-making processes, including profiling. This means that based on the personal data held by animalhotels.com and information regarding the services purchased by the User or cookies that are stored on the User's device, animalhotels.com will conduct conclusions regarding the User's preferences and interests, which may be used to build the User's marketing profile.
Cookie files (so-called "cookies") are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored on the Website User's end device and are intended for using the websites animalhotels.com. Cookies usually contain the name of the website they come from, their storage time on the end device and a unique number.
The entity placing cookies on the User's end device and accessing them is the operator of the Website.
Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- maintaining the User's session (after logging in), thanks to which the User does not have to re-enter the login and password on each subpage of the Website;
- implementation of marketing goals that are implemented using Pixel Facebook Ads (Meta Platforms, Inc., Meta based in the USA; it does not transfer personal data to the operator of this service, but only anonymized information; https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policy.
- Within animalhotels.com two basic types of cookies are used: "session" (session cookies) and "permanent" (persistent cookies). Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the User's end device until logging out, leaving the website or turning off the software (web browser). "Permanent" cookies are stored on the User's end device for the time specified in the cookie file parameters or until they are deleted by the User.
- Animalhotels.com also uses the Local Store objects in the HTML5 standard, which are saved on the User's computer. These objects store the necessary data, regardless of the browser used by the User, and they do not have an automatically set expiration date. To prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects, use the browser in private mode.
- Software for browsing websites (web browser) usually allows cookies to be stored on the User's end device by default. Website users can change the settings in this regard. The web browser allows you to delete cookies. It is also possible to automatically block cookies. Detailed information on this subject can be found in the help or documentation of the web browser.
- If the User does not want to receive cookies, he can change the browser settings. animalhotels.com reserves that disabling cookies necessary for authentication processes, security, maintaining user preferences may make it difficult, and in extreme cases may prevent the use of websites.
- Cookie storage periods vary and can be accessed through your browser.
VII. Data Transfer
- Animalhotels.com may disclose Users' personal data at the request of public authorities or other entities authorized to have such access under the law, in particular when it is necessary to ensure the security of systems or rights other Users, as well as at the request of Users or when it is necessary to perform the services offered by animalhotels.com.
- The data may be made available: only to trusted recipients, including business partners who process data on the basis of personal data entrustment agreements. All entities to which the data is transferred are obliged under entrustment agreements or directly by the provisions on the protection of personal data to provide appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of data security. Personal data is processed for a period not longer than to achieve the purposes for which the data was collected and processed or for a period resulting directly from the provisions of law.
- Some service providers animalhotels.com may store Users' data outside the territory of the European Economic Area. In such cases, Users' data may be stored in countries that ensure an adequate level of personal data protection, or in countries that do not provide such a level. Animalhotels.com protects Users' data by concluding agreements with service providers animalhotels.com containing the so-called Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, which guarantee adequate protection of Users' data in third countries.
- Animalhotels.com transfers data (among others. telephone number) to the Apifonica SMS service provider in order to provide verification codes and SMS notifications.
VIII. External Links
IX. Using Social Plugins
This website uses social plug-ins from various providers. Without the User's intervention, these buttons do not send any data to individual social networking sites when visiting the Website and/or Application. Only when you click the respective button, a direct connection to the server of the respective social network is established and it can then collect data and use it from cookies.
X. Data safety
Animalhotels.com applies comprehensive technical and operational safeguards to protect User data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. With technical progress, the security measures used by animalhotels.com are regularly reviewed and updated.
XI. Selected methods of personal data protection
- The places of logging in and entering personal data are protected in the transmission layer (SSL certificate). Thanks to this, personal data and login details entered on the website are encrypted on the user's computer and can only be read on the target server.
- User passwords are stored in hashed form. The hash function works in one direction - it is not possible to reverse its operation.
- Animalhotels.com periodically changes its administrative passwords.
- In order to protect data, animalhotels.com regularly makes backup copies.
- Updating all software and programming components that are used by animalhotels.com to process personal data.